Every circle of friends has one voracious reader. A good reader is a good leader, so its obviously one desirable trait.
I am not a voracious reader now. But I was at one point in time. A few things which I used to do when I was one!
Habits of Voracious Readers
- They wake up a little early or sleep a little late just to read
- They can read anything and everything relentlessly.
- Set aside time for reading
- They read without distraction – no music, no cellphones etc
- They are always reading something. I used to read short stories when I was not ready for long time committments
- Quiet places are a haven for them
- Take up reading challenges
- Always carry a book in the bag
- Read 2-3 books simultaneously. I have one book for each time of the day. One for morning and one for night
- Go to bookstores for fun
Do you think I missed any trait?
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon