Everyone has one crazy beer story, don’t they?
There was a time in my life when I drank only beer and nothing else. Man, that’s not very kind to your liver! Beer is still my go-to. But I miss those days when life was as simple as chugging a pint!
International Beer Day : August 6, 2021
This is celebrated on the first Friday of August every year. It was founded in 2007 in California. Initially, it was celebrated on the 5th of August, but it was then moved to the first Friday of August.
I find it surprising that the oldest drink in the history of humankind got its own day so late! But then I found this –
Yep, he is the “founder” of this day! Just waited for the right time!
Another Marketing Gimmick? Not Really.
International Beer Day is celebrated with more than one single purpose of promoting beer:
- To gather with friends and enjoy the taste of beer
- To celebrate those responsible for brewing and serving beer
- To unite the world under the banner of beer, by celebrating the beers of all nations together on a single day
Go bottoms-up on International Beer Day!
Breweries worldwide, 207 cities and 80 countries to be exact, offer special deals and hour so that you can enjoy your favourite pour. The bartenders and servers who work round the clock to provide great conversation and beer just the way we like it are appreciated and tipped generously.
It’s another reason to drink beer, make memories and there is beer for every budget to celebrate it!
How to Celebrate?
Do I really need to tell you this?
- Try a new beer! There are more than 100 different kinds of beers; go beyond your comfort zone!
- Tip generously. If you are in a place where going out and enjoying an evening with friends is safer, go out, buy a round of beer and tip the bartender generously!
- Sing beer karaoke – everyone enjoys a good taste in music and beer
Beer Songs? Yes Please
- “I Like Beer” This 70’s classic is one of my favourite country music songs!
- “Pretty Good at Drinkin’ Beer”, A more recent hit by Billy Currington, is still on the Hot country music chart!
- “Beer in Mexico” Written and recorded by American country music artist Kenny Chesney
- “Drink a Beer” by Luke Bryan
- “Bubbles in My Beer” I became a fan after listening to it in Texan beer bars. It’s 1947’s beauty!
I am participating in the #BlogChatterA2Z Challenge