Pre-wedding photoshoot was in rage when I got married. And it’s not something I find pointless. If it makes one happy, they should do it. However, I knew its not my thing! What makes me feel a li’l awkward about pre-wedding shoots is that they look pretty made up – they lack originality. But that is entirely my stand. I don’t despise pre-wedding shoots.
However, I knew that I will be going to some really cliched(because bae is super dramatic) yet picturesque place for my honeymoon. So, I decided to go for a lovely photoshoot there. I vaguely had this idea.
Now, why did I have this idea? Why did I decide not to have a pre-wedding photoshoot? There are multiple reasons for it.
- As I said, to me, they look pretty made up.
- Wedding preparation is already very stressful and hectic. I am sure I would have taken it up as another wedding project and wouldn’t have enjoyed it – at all
- Going to an exotic location before the wedding – that too, for another “project” did not seem logical to me. I would instead relax than running around on holiday for taking pictures that are supposed to look perfect
- The moment you tell your photographer that it’s a pre-wedding shoot, the budget automatically shoots up. And I have already talked about how I feel about extravagance during weddings!
Post-wedding photoshoot are a better deal. Here is why –
- You are pretty relaxed because the wedding is finally done. The love comes out naturally because you ain’t thinking about anything else. And that emotion is beautifully captured!
- If you decide to get a photoshoot done at your honeymoon destination, the beauty is different
- Finding a photographer is not a big deal. Trust me, Instagram helps you find very reasonable photographers of the exact place where you want to get clicked. They are affordable and local, so they take you around some really great places. Having said that, just find some credible accounts and don’t just book someone who looks suspicious
- Having a photoshoot on your honeymoon is a better way of preserving the memories than selfies and random clicks by strangers
- No hair and no make-up were needed! That was such a relief after having all those decked up pictures from the wedding
Post Wedding Photoshoot in budget
The last destination of our dream trip to Greece was Santorini. Cliched, remember? We decided to stay in Oia, the most picturesque town of Santorini and get a photoshoot done.
I had found this account on Instagram, who was really helpful. I booked them after landing in Greece – so, not a lot of planning went into it. They are affordable with a reasonable 90-minute session for $400 with all pictures(we had around 600) and 23 images with colour correction and 6 photographs with retouching. Of course, you have different options of opting for exotic dresses and hair and make-up too.
Not just that, if you go to top-rated destinations, you will find photographers who are really affordable and can click pictures without prior bookings.
I decided to write about this adventure as well before I post the travelogue of the final destination of my dream trip to Greece!