Firstly, all of you who are staying home – THANK YOU.
Self-isolation and self-quarantine is a good idea. You might not catch the flu. You might recover even if you do. But staying in is all about helping and caring for those who can not improve if they get this COVID-19. The virus is contagious, and it is the responsibility of every living human being to help in not spreading it.
The COVID-19 pandemic is so real that now it seems like a movie. Sometimes, I feel the world has finally being stuck by Thanos. Occasionally, the scenes from 2012 play in my end. And when I open my fridge, I am often reminded of Bird Box.
Before I proceed further, I just want to make sure that if you are feeling the isolation anxiety – reach out to people. If you know someone who might not be able to take this pretty well, reach out to them. Connect with people. Let love and care travel through this social distancing.
It can get irritating. It can be frustrating. In fact, isolation anxiety becomes a real deal.
It is fundamental human nature to be repulsive to the situations which are imposed. I had friends who used to crib about that fact that their team/company that they work for did not allow work from home. Now that they have got it, they can not stop cribbing about it either.
There are many things which are affected right now. And there is no way that I will not talk about them here. In due time, I know I will be touching on every topic.
I have refrained from travelling, and I know right now it is the best thing to do. The best way that I have found a way to not to crib about the cancelled travel plans – write about my travel tales, which are pending for a long time now. Moreover, reading even more travel blogs and magazines and prepare my itineraries. The only thing I will be left to do is book flight tickets and hotels when normalcy restores. I hope you like the travel section of this blog!
But right now, what has affected me the most in the gym and pool closedown. I have been successfully working from home for myself – for my blog and my li’l craft business. The only contact I had with the outside world was through my gym. Be it the spin classes or the dance classes or the Yoga practise or the coordinated running sprints, I enjoyed the gym only because of the people I met there. Now that is closed, I feel trapped inside the house. On top of that, the guilt of not working out can not be ruled out.
I have been working out at home. If you had a trainer at the gym, this might be an easy task for you. Or you might be having your guiding apps like Les Mills or the Cult Fit app. However, if you don’t have any paid membership in place right now, let me share some great YouTube channels which can really help you. The links below are not affiliated links!
- Yoga with Adriene is my favourite channel for meditation and stretching. Starting your day with this can actually ensure sanity during these times of lockdown!
- PsycheTruth is good for the Vinyasa flow or sun salutation variations. But before you follow, make sure that you have got your postures right. If not, do what feels right for your body. Do not pull or stretch unnecessarily.
- FitnessBlender for HIIT and at-home strength training. Again, here you have to be even more careful with the posture. If you haven’t worked out before or are unsure of the posture, skip them. Also, if you don’t have weights at home – use 1Litre (34 Oz) bottles as weights for some time. Remember, this lockdown is not permanent.
- POPSUGAR Fitness is my favourite for cardio activities. I love to dance, so yes this is my go-to channel. Also, they have some pretty good 10-15 minutes dance workouts which are so good for the times you are working from home and want to ensure your body is getting all the movements!
- Vijaya Tupurani is one channel I follow with all my love. It is because this one has got some super catchy Hindi/Punjabi numbers as well and dancing on them is pretty easy if you follow her!
To facilitate my active lifestyle through the day, you can actually find my lazying around in my running shorts or yoga pants and some gym T-shirts. Here are some recommendations by Adidas. Again, no affiliates. I just thought you will enjoy!
Have a save and healthy self-quarantine guys. It is okay to be doing something for mankind. Things will be restored in no time if we all contribute and do our part!