I might have talked a lot about my sudden inclination towards a healthier lifestyle. But no matter how much I am stretching myself nowadays, there is always one cheat day in the week when I would not run and eat everything that my taste buds crave for.
We have been brought up in a way when our childhood was filled with snacks and food that were just deep fried. I love deep fried food. I totally do. And McCain Snacks just brings back all the good childhood memories. So, I decided to experiment with one of the frozen goodness.
I have recently developed this habit of cooking my own breakfast and lunch. This definitely brings a smile on my mom’s face. What more can she ask for? Nothing. But she loves it when I prepare some good evening snack to accompany her tea. Following is a recipe that I tried and thoroughly enjoyed. So did my mom!
I will be using McCain Chilli Garlic Potato Bites.
Mini Potato Bruschetta With Sweet Corn.
One 200 grams packet of McCain Chilli Garlic Potato Bites
1 Cup Sweet corn, washed
1 Small Tomato, chopped and de-seeded.
1 Small Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon dried Herbs (I used Thyme, Rosemary and Oregano)
1 Cup Water
3 Teaspoon Salt, divided
2 Teaspoon olive oil, to cook the Sweetcorn topping
Oil to deep fry
1. Wash the tomato and the red bell pepper. Finely chop them. Finely chop the garlic clove and the basil leaves. For chopping the basil leaves, stack them together and roll like a cigar and then chop.
2. Bring one cup of water to boil and add salt to it. When the water is rolling boiling, add the washed sweetcorn. Immediately turn off the burner. Keep it aside.
2. In a non-stick wok/ kadhai, heat the two teaspoon oil. You can also use butter for better taste and texture.
3. Add the chopped basil and garlic. Stir fry till the garlic turns golden.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and add salt to taste. Let this cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Now add the chopped red bell pepper and cook while stirring continuously for a minute.
6. Drain the sweetcorn and add this to the above mixture. Mix well and turn off the burner.
7. Add the dried herbs and black pepper to the mixture, mix well and store aside. Your toppings of the bruschetta are ready.
8. Now, heat oil at low-medium heat for deep frying the potato bites. You can also bake them. However, DO NOT microwave. The best way to cook the potato bites is to follow the instructions given by McCain.
9. Deep fry the potato bites once the oil has heated properly. Plate on a tissue paper to soak the extra oil.
10. Now, cut the potato bites in half, lengthwise. This task requires a bit of concentration.
11. Top the potato bites with the topping that we just prepared.
12. Your Potato Bruschetta with Sweetcorn is ready. Serve with tomato ketchup.
13. Now let me know if you liked the recipe.
I like October because of the few birthdays which it has. Seems like even McCain loves this month.
Go ahead, experiment with McCain and spread smiles!