A li’l heads up – this post is going to be pretty long.
- Dogs teach you the true meaning of unconditional love. No matter how you look, they will love you for being who you are to them. You might be in a bad mood and might just take the frustration out on your dog by shouting, but they will love you back, irrespective of anything. They will greet you with the best of hug even if you lock them and go out somewhere, without any fuss. Try doing that with your family/friend.
- Dogs teach you how to be selfless. It doesn’t matter if you feed them or not, if they love you they will do anything for you selflessly.
- Dogs make you learn the meaning of companionship. They are the only creature who will stay with you in your thick and thin, without any expectations.
- Dogs teach you to share. You might have your loved ones and family around, but your dogs have just you. You are their family. But still, they share you and your attention.
- Dogs teach you to be responsible. Owning a dog is just like having a baby who is dependent on you for each and everything. And isn’t it good to be responsible?
- Dogs teach you to forgive. They will never stay upset with you for more than a biscuit break. A li’l throwing of tantrums is allowed, isn’t it?
- Lastly, dogs teach you to deal with separation. They die before you complete a lifetime. But they live theirs fully with you. Biding a goodbye to them is difficult, yet they make you strong.
|Jumpy sitting in her favourite pose.|
|The beautifully groomed Jumpy!|
|The elegant guard waiting for us to leave the house.|
|Jumpy’s attention seeking gigs.|
|Jumpy enjoying her favourite biscuit treat.|
|Jumpy at her favourite spot-middle of the road.|
Jumpy was really scared of loud noise like every dog. She would hide inside her blankets during Diwali and would become invisible whenever there were any loud parties. I used to celebrate every festival with her. My mom would offer the prasad to her after every puja that happened in our house. My mom was never fond of dogs, Jumpy changed her too.
|Happy Holi 2014!|
|Weak and scared Jumpy after she returned back after three days.|
|My super poser!|
Jumpy was a good dog. She never left us. She was loved by everyone. But I wanted her to live with us, a li’l longer.